At Cathcart & District Housing Association we encourage all tenants, sharing owners, factored owners and service users to become members. Membership is also open to members of the wider community as well as local groups and organisations who share an interest in our aims and activities or have a special skill to bring to the Housing Association.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities in this capacity please click on the link which provides you with details of our Membership Policy and also an application form to apply to be a Share Member.
What does membership entitle you to do?
- You will be a lifetime shareholder (but there is no return on your £1 share)
- You will be invited to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and any Special General Meetings
- You can vote on any relevant matters as well as the election of the members to serve on our Committee
- You can stand for election to the Management Committee yourself, or nominate other members for election
How to Apply
CDHA welcomes applications from anyone interested over the age of 16. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and encouraging diversity and are keen to ensure our membership reflects the communities we serve. There are very few occasions when we refuse membership, however, this might be the case if there is a clear conflict between your interest and ours.
If you would like to become a member, please complete the application form on our website. Alternatively, you can request an application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0141 633 2779.
What happens next?
- Your application will be given consideration at the first available meeting of the Management Committee
- The Committee has the authority to approve or reject applications or to seek more information if it thinks this is necessary
If your application is approved
- You will become a member with immediate effect, and your name will be entered in the Register of Members
- We will send you a copy of the Association’s Rules and your Share Membership Certificate
Keep your membership up to date
Our Rules state that your membership of the Association will end and the Committee will cancel your share and record the ending of your membership if:
- You fail to tell the Association of a change of address (unless you are a CDHA tenant)
- For five annual general meetings in a row you have not attended, submitted apologies, exercised a postal vote or appointed a representative to attend and vote on your behalf by proxy.
Please remember to follow these rules to ensure that you remain a Member.
For more information on our Model Rules please click here.